Thursday, November 17, 2011

Its called MAKE-UP not CAKE-UP.



Its called MAKE-UP not CAKE-UP. 
The title for this post should pretty much say it all. Recently, I have noticed a lot of ladies caking up their faces! Regardless of the time and season of the year caking up your face is a huge NO NO! Hmm unless your in some dramatic movie and need to look like a ghost, this look shouldn’t be of your preference. Since the colder seasons have finally arrived it’s time give your bronzers, dewey foundation, and peachy/coral lip colors a rest!  Here’s a list of a few products that have made the cut to sit in my makeup bag this season. 




-Mascara - L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black.   One word. FAVORITE. I have tried plenty of mascaras. From high end, low end, department store, drug stores and international too, but I will always go back to this one! I have a hard time keeping my stubby lashes curled due to mascara formulas always weighing them down. This mascara holds curl, adds volume, length, its the perfect opaque black and conveniently available at at any drug store! SCORE! What more can I ask for?


-Eyes- For eyeshadows I normally reach for brown, taupe, and grayish shades. These  low maintenance colors   are easy to apply with a blending brush. No need to keep adding color on top of color, just blend one color and your good to go! Of course we can’t forget eyeliner. I love Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner. I have been using it for years now. Its easy to smudge and is long lasting.  
Mac colors I’m loving right now;                     
TWINKS
ESPRESSO

ALL THAT GLITTERS

URBAN DECAY 24/7 EYELINER, Color; Zero
KNIGHT DIVINE


-Cheeks- Blush as if your truly blushing.  Don’t go overboard with the crazy shimmery blushes. Keep the shimmer minimal. Use matte or sheen finished blushes.  Unless if your blush is the focal point of the look you are going for, be sure to use just a tad bit. Paaleaze don’t make yourself look like a tomato! A couple of swirls and taps on the apples of your cheeks is all you need!                                                                                                                                                            Blushes in totally diggin’ right now; 


MAC; Well Dressed

NARS; Sex Appeal 
MAC-Peaches



Lips- Say goodbye to those coral lip colors! (well for now, that is!) Opt for more nude shades. Keep in mind that lip colors look different on everybody.  You need to know what tones look good on you. Some nude colors can look chalky and silvery. My advice, stay away from them! If you don’t already then step out of your element and try red lipstick, if you dare! Red lips are amazing all year round, but during fall and winter they are just simply even MORE amazing! 
On my lips nowadays;



REVLON; Nude Attitude
ESTEE LAUDER ; Nude

MAC; MAC Red

Face- Okay so when I said make-up NOT cake-up, this is pretty much where I’ve seen ladies go wrong! Don’t treat your face as if your throwing frosting on a cake! A little goes a long way ladies. If your more a foundation kinda gal, then use a matte finished formula for this season. Its not summer anymore, you don’t need that beachy/dewey look. I personally just use powder this time around. A little powder on my t-zone area and cheeks and I’m out the door! Sure, there are days where my skin isn’t at its best behavior but I just add more powder. The key is to build up coverage. Start with a little and only use coverage where you need it.  
My go to powder;


MAC; SkinFinish






Hopefully, this was helpful to you ladies.  Remember, these are just products that I’m loving right now. They might work for you, they might not.  Have fun with your make-up! Just make sure it isn’t too much! 
xoxo,
sani j 

1 comment: