Tuesday, November 15, 2011

H&M Versace line.

Hello readers! So as I'm taking a marketing course this semester, one thing we have learned is that in down economies high end brands start to make cheaper lines to increase sales.  Well we have seen a lot of this within this year, with Missoni for target and Harajuku for target and now Versace for H&M!? Will this really benefit these high end brands?? So many of them are doing it, so I am sure it is working! Well anywayss have you guys seen the Versace line?-- i am not too fond of it.  I probably like 2 things lol 




If any of you guys havent seen it I am going to post some pics. 


Versace is all about different prints and most of us already know that-- so they stuck with the funky prints for the H&M line as well..

 Okay So as you can see-- still have the funky prints! I could not find the prices for these, but Im going to guess no less than $100.  I know its a 'Versace' line but are these dresses totally worth it?!? hmmm..

Okay So this is a leather jacket-- which is something I actually like-- going for about $300-- but at least you have the Versace logo going across the bottom.  This is probably one of the pieces I personally like.
And this dress is another piece that is kind of cute! I guess im not into the patterns they have for this line?? I like some of the patterns but not all.


Anyways, so high-end designers do this so during a downturn economy-- but is it really SO affordable?! Of course it is more affordable than their normal stuff-- but can everyone afford thh 'cheaper' lines? From all the marketing research I have done-- it is profitable to do this kind of stuff, but I just wonder... Anyways thts my business perspective on it-- but on a fashionable note-- the cheaper lines are great for all the fashionistas out there!

Xoxo

Alvi Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment